The binca brand has been around for many decades. It unites people and companies who all share the same passion: the enthusiasm for fish and seafood.In 2012, companies from Germany, Austria and Vietnam joined forces to form our group of companies, the binca group, in order to be able to fulfil our mission even better: to offer our customers from food retail and wholesale, industry and e-commerce innovative and sustainable products and services.
As part of the programme "We are (re-)inventing ourselves! binca group 2020-2024", we have decided to take another important step in our future development: we are investing in our own production facilities and reorganising our business model along the entire value chain. In 2023, we opened our newly built production facility for primary processing, cps processing, in Riemst, Belgium, which also supplies the fish shops of de vis factorij in Belgium. A few months earlier, in October 2022, the new binca manufaktur, a production facility for secondary processing, started producing fresh fish in Perschling near St. Pölten in Lower Austria. The newly founded binca development and the long-established concept cool complete our group of companies.
The five companies of the binca group are family businesses and medium-sized enterprises that concentrate fully on their operational tasks. The management holding of the binca group, BG Management und Holding GmbH, combines the strategic functions of the group of companies. The management holding assumes a coordinating influence on the companies of the binca group and offers central services. The Management Holding is led by Mag. Oliver Fritsch and Axel Verberckmoes.
The current environment of our group of companies is undoubtedly complex and challenging. We are confronted with a raw materials crisis: Agricultural raw materials, packaging, energy but also transport have become massively more expensive. Our customers expect security of supply and individual solutions from us. Last but not least, our mission is to continue to guarantee the supply of high-quality and affordable products. Despite all these challenges, we will continue to work consistently on the issues of ecological and social sustainability as well as on climate protection measures.
Our corporate culture should guide our thoughts and actions in order to make good, considered and clear decisions. For this, we do not need short-lived fashions or flowery and trendy formulations, but rather a "toolbox" of "basic principles" that are comprehensible, implementable and thus liveable for all of us.
1. We perform and bear responsibility: we are profit-oriented companies and have to make a profit. In doing so, we recognise the challenges of our time and bear responsibility wherever possible.
2. Working space is living space: only where we can develop and feel comfortable will we be able to expect demanding performance in a collegial environment.
3. Success is a joint effort: it takes many people to be successful. We do not differentiate between producers, suppliers, employees, logisticians and customers. Each and every individual, every relationship is equally important to us.
4. We speak and act clearly, comprehensibly and appreciatively: we do not speak in platitudes, we get to the point. We value a diversity of opinions and ideas. We resolve conflicts transparently, honestly and in partnership.
5. We always keep the mission in mind: we think entrepreneurially and act in the spirit of the company's mission. We learn quickly from our mistakes.